The above position now exists within the Democratic Alliance. The DA is looking to recruit a self-motivated and goal driven individual in the Eastern Cape. The successful candidate will be a key member of our Provincial Operational Team and will report directly to the Group Campaign Coordinator and indirectly to the Provincial Campaign Operations Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Unit Campaign Organisers to build the field campaign
infrastructure to achieve its objectives in 2019
- Providing Community Teams with the required logistical support to facilitate their
- Organizing and executing the required number of annual Constituency and Ward
report back meetings
- Providing administrative verification of claims
- Monitoring campaign implementation
Prospective applicants should meet the following requirements:
- A commitment to the principles, policies and programmes of action of the DA
- Proven Leadership skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within the Party
- The preferred candidate must be completely outcomes orientated and not simply task orientated
- Residing in Kirkwood or Somerset East is essential
- Ability to build trust and relationships within a community
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Proven record of initiative, problem solving, and the ability to recognize and implement improvements to systems
- The ability to apply sound political judgment and the ability to identify key issues
relevant to communities
- Experience in project and financial management advantageous
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in more than one language
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite
- An ability to work effectively and energetically around a demanding work schedule
- Willing to work long and irregular hours
- Applicants MUST be in possession of a valid driver’s license and have access to an insured vehicle for daily use
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your completed application form, copy of ID, 2 page CV and 1 page cover letter motivating why you wish to be employed by the Democratic Alliance a certified copy of your driver’s license, where applicable to Wisal Cornelius, Democratic Alliance, Federal Head Office, PO Box 1475, Cape Town, 8000. Tel No: (021) 465 1431, Fax No: 086 461 5105 or e-mail: email@example.com
Kindly note that any application received without the required documentation will not be considered.
Kindly note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 30 days of closing date please consider your application unsuccessful. Please also note that we reserve the right not to make any appointments.
Kindly further note that the Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or undergo any health-related tests, in order to be shortlisted.