The above position now exists within the Democratic Alliance. The DA is looking to recruit a self-motivated and goal driven individual at our North West Legislature Office. The successful candidate will be a key member of the DA’s Legislature Team and will report directly to the Chief of Staff and Chief Whip.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Driving issues successfully, analysing the political, social and economic environment accurately and producing high quality public policy alternatives for the Party, together with the Chief of Staff, Chief Whip Leader and Portfolio spokespeople.
Prospective applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Matric or relevant qualification advantageous
- Relevant experience in research
- Experience in statistical and analytical research will be advantageous (document
research, committee reports, departmental reports and budgets etc)
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work under pressure
- A commitment to the principles, policies and programme of action of the DA
- Outcomes-orientated, not simply task orientated
- Strong writing skills
- Computer literacy essential
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent administrative skills
- Proficiency in more than one language advantageous
- An ability to work effectively and energetically around a demanding work schedule
- Prepared to work long and irregular hours
- Systematic, comprehensive and displaying excellent attention to detail
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your
completed application form, copy of your ID, 2 page CV and 1 page cover letter
email@example.com to be employed by the Democratic Alliance to Wisal Cornelius, Democratic Alliance, Federal Head Office, PO Box 1475, Cape Town, 8000. Tel No: (021) 465-1431, Fax No: 086 461 5105 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that any application received without the required documentation will not be considered.
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your
application unsuccessful. Please also note that we reserve the right not to make any
Kindly further note that the Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or
undergo any health-related tests, in order to be shortlisted.