Jobs at the DA
Jobs at the DA
Provincial Bookkeeper - Western Cape
Please note only applications reflecting the reference number will be considered.
The above position now exists within the Democratic Alliance. The DA is looking to recruit a self-motivated individual for this position, reporting to the Senior Bookkeeper, with indirect reporting to the Provincial Director and the Chief Financial Officer. The successful incumbent should meet the following requirements:
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant tertiary qualification – Accounting degree or diploma;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to work independently and must be a very organized individual with highly developed attention to detail and strongly developed administrative skills;
- An ability to work effectively and adhere to strict deadlines;
- Willing to work irregular hours;
- Advanced excel and accounting software skills.
- To provide the full bookkeeping function for all finances of the Party in the Province.
- To keep orderly filed records of all source documents, audit trails and bank statements as required by National Head Office and the Party Auditors.
- To ensure that effective accounting procedures and systems are implemented and adhered to, and that these conform to the SA Statements of Generally Accepted Accounting Practice.
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward yourcompleted application form, 2 page CV and 1 page cover letter motivating why you wishto be employed by the Democratic Alliance to Juliet Stone, Democratic Alliance,National Head Office, PO Box 1475, Cape Town, 8000. Tel No.: (021) 465-1431, Fax No:(021) 466-8394 or e-mail: email@example.com .
Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.Should you not hear from us within 30 days of closing date please consider yourapplication unsuccessful.
Closing Date: 23 April 2014