The DA wishes to appoint a dynamic, self-motivated leader as our Communications Director. The successful candidate will be a key member of the management team and will be Cape Town based.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Devising and executing the party’s communications strategy with the goal of maximising
positive voter impact.
- Together with the Research & Polling Director as well as the Marketing Director, driving a
programme of proactive messaging, spotting emerging trends and issues, responding to
emergent political events and managing communication to various issues.
- Establishing and developing relationships with the media and maintaining relationships with
- Leading a staff team and liaising closely with our politicians to broadcast our messaging
across multiple channels including digital, print, television and radio platforms.
- Aligning messaging across our National Spokespersons, Parliamentary Operations and
Prospective applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Matric or equivalent and relevant tertiary qualification.
- Extensive experience in devising and driving a strategic organisational communication
- Experience in political communication and/or as a journalist an advantage.
- Minimum eight years’ experience in running and managing teams.
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, complex, environment and work collaboratively across multiple stakeholder groups.
- The ability to ‘champion’ causes and fight for the voter even when faced with inertia or direct hostility, which is the nature of a political party.
- Strong commitment to the principles and programme of action of the DA.
- Sound knowledge of and interest in politics.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to work long hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite.
- Knowledge of more than one South African language is desirable.
- Willingness to travel nationally.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to an insured vehicle for frequent use.
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your
completed application form, copy of your ID, your comprehensive CV and 1 page cover letter
motivating why you wish to be employed by the Democratic Alliance to Chandre Fernandez,
Democratic Alliance, Federal Head Office, PO Box 1475, Cape Town, 8000. Tel No: (021) 465 1431, Fax No: 086 461 5105 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Kindly note the following
- Any application received without the required documentation will not be considered
- Correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates. Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful
- We reserve the right not to make any appointments
- The Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or undergo any health-related tests to be shortlisted