The DA wishes to appoint a dynamic, self-motivated and goal driven individual, who will be based at our Federal Head Office in Cape Town. The successful candidate will report to the Specialist: Parliamentary Research and Support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Becoming a subject expert on assigned areas through conducting comprehensive research
- Supporting relevant Members of Parliament with research and insight relating to Parliamentary activities
- Proactively identifying issues, and identifying new angles with a view of driving them in the media and maximising communication outcomes on these said issues
- Liaising with other teams in the operation to ensure that issues are effectively driven across all platforms
Prospective applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Proficiency in more than one language advantageous
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong computer literacy and administrative skills
- Systematic, comprehensive and displaying excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to the principles, policies and programme of action of the Democratic Alliance
- Self-motivated and dynamic
- Prepared to work long and irregular hours
- Produce accurate, high quality work in line with the standards required
- Must be a team player
- Outcomes-orientated, not simply task-orientated
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your
completed application form, copy of your ID, 2 page CV and 1 page cover letter motivating why you wish to be employed by the Democratic Alliance to Chandré Fernandez, Democratic Alliance, Federal Head Office, PO Box 1475, Cape Town, 8000. Tel No: (021) 465- 1431, Fax No: 086 461 5105 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that any application received without the required documentation will not be considered. Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date please consider your
application unsuccessful. The Party reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Kindly further note that the Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or
undergo any health- related tests, in order to be shortlisted.