A 12-month fixed-term paid internship opportunity for a student, or a recent graduate has become available at the Western Cape Provincial Parliament in Cape Town. The successful candidate will be a supporting member of the DA’s Provincial Parliament Media Team and will report directly to the Head of Media and the Caucus Chief of Staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conducting legislative research and gathering information on national and provincial policy, as well as researching on key political issues in the Western Cape and South Africa at large
- Providing social media support to the DA’s members including managing social media accounts and graphic design
- Providing dedicated support to the DA’s members of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament and assisting them with issue driving in the media
- Monitoring various media outlets (print, social, broadcast) to identify and report on important issues in the province
- Identifying key strategic target audiences to market the DA’s brand and style of governance
Prospective applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Currently Studying, or completed a tertiary qualification in the fields of Social Sciences, Politics, International Studies, Journalism and/or Law
- Proficiency in Xhosa and English
- Relevant political or academic experience
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A keen interest, and knowledge of Western Cape and South African politics
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite
- Outcomes-orientated, not simply task-orientated
- Ability to work well in groups, open workspaces, and under pressure
- Insistence on excellence
- Commitment to the principles, policies and programme of action of the Democratic Alliance
- Excellent organisational abilities, administrative skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and energetically around demanding work schedules
- Willing to work long and irregular hours, with some flexibility to allow for study commitment
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your completed application form, a two (2) page resume and one (1) page cover letter to Phindi Nkosi motivating why you wish to be employed by the Democratic Alliance Western Cape Provincial Parliament
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Enquiries: (021) 487 1935
Candidates to take note of the following:
▪ Applications submitted without the required documentation will not be considered.
▪ Correspondence will be entered into with only shortlisted candidates.
▪ All shortlisted candidates will be required to sign a consent form in respect of the POPI Act, 4 of 2013.
▪ The successful candidate will be subject to a Police Clearance and reference checks.
▪ The DA WCPP reserves the right to make an appointment.
Closing Date: 5 June 2023