The DA wishes to appoint a dynamic, self-motivated and goal driven individual, who will be based at our Federal Head Office in Cape Town. The successful candidate will report to the Specialist: National Communications Office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all communication is of the highest possible standard and in line with Party’s policy Brand and Communications Guide
- Facilitating the delivery of all Party communication to the media, and to maximise outcomes by selling Party communication to journalists following its release
- Maintaining and updating accurate media databases
- Managing the Party’s Sunday media operation
- Monitoring developments in the media to advise on any developments
- Ensuring that attacks on the party in print and online media are rebutted by coordinating and assisting with the writing and placement of response pieces
- Assisting with the planning and coordination of media events
- Providing guidance to Communications Officers and interns
Prospective applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Experience in communications advantageous
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Proficiency in more than one language
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite
- An ability to work effectively and energetically around a demanding work schedule
- Ability to work fast, accurately and creatively under tight timelines
- Systematic, comprehensive and displaying excellent attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Commitment to the principles, policies and programme of action of the Democratic Alliance
- Self-motivated and dynamic
- Prepared to work long and irregular hours
- Produce accurate, high quality work in line with the standards required
- Outcomes-orientated, not simply task-orientated
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your
completed application form, copy of your ID, 2 page CV and 1 page cover letter motivating why you wish to be employed by the Democratic Alliance to Chandré Fernandez, Democratic Alliance, Federal Head Office, PO Box 1475, Cape Town, 8000. Tel No: (021) 465- 1431, Fax No: 086 461 5105 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Kindly note that any application received without the required documentation will not be considered. Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date please consider your
application unsuccessful. The Party reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Kindly further note that the Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or
undergo any health- related tests, in order to be shortlisted.