The DA wishes to appoint a dynamic, self-motivated and goal driven individual, who will be based at our office in Bruma, Johannesburg. The successful candidate will report to the Chief of Staff: Campaign Readiness and Rapid response.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and directing operations of all radio units in the DA, including managing radio unit staff
- Administratively managing the radio unit database and calendar
- Tracking, accounting, and measuring the effectiveness of the unit
- Analysing data and submitting reports timeously
- Liaising rapidly with Public Representatives and DA staff members, to get DA voices onto radio
- Overseeing administrative functions of the unit
- Managing assets of the radio unit
- Planning and executing any expansions of the radio unit
Prospective applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Firm understanding and knowledge of the South African political environment
- Experience in a media related role essential
- Report writing and data analysis experience skills
- Computer literacy essential, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in more than one language advantageous
- Ability to work fast, accurately and creatively under tight timelines
- Ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Systematic, comprehensive and displaying excellent attention to detail
- Commitment to the principles, policies and programme of action of the Party
- Prepared to work long and irregular hours, on a daily basis
- Outcomes-orientated, not simply task-orientated
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your
completed application form, copy of your ID and driver’s licence, CV and 1 page cover
letter motivating why you wish to be employed by the Democratic Alliance to Chandré
Fernandez, Democratic Alliance, Federal Head Office, PO Box 1475, Cape Town, 8000. Tel
No: (021) 465-1431, Fax No: 086 461 5105 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Kindly note that any application received without the required documentation will not be considered. Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date please consider your
application unsuccessful. The Party reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Kindly further note that the Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or
undergo any health- related tests, in order to be shortlisted.